McAfee is a security software company that provides antivirus, firewall, and other security products and services to protect against viruses, malware, and other online threats. The company was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
McAfee offers a range of security solutions for individuals, businesses, and government organizations. Its products and services are designed to help protect against online threats and keep your computer and personal information safe.
How to Disable McAfee Virus Protection?
To disable McAfee Virus Protection on a Windows PC:
- Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel”.
- In the “Control Panel”, click “Programs” and then click “Programs and Features”.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs and locate “McAfee Virus Protection”.
- Click “McAfee Virus Protection” and the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall McAfee Virus Protection from your PC.
To disable McAfee Virus Protection on a Mac:
- Click the “Applications” folder in the dock.
- Scroll through the list of installed applications and locate “McAfee Virus Protection”.
- Right-click (or Control-click) on “McAfee Virus Protection” and select “Move to Trash”.
- Open the “Trash” folder and click the “Empty” button to delete the McAfee Virus Protection application permanently.
It is important to note that disabling McAfee Virus Protection will leave your PC or Mac vulnerable to viruses and other malware. Using a different, up-to-date antivirus program is recommended to protect your computer.