There are some easy steps to make the burger.
Gather all the necessary ingredients, including ground beef, buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, and any additional toppings you prefer.
- Preheat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Form the ground beef into patties that are about 1/2 inch thick and slightly larger than the buns.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper, or any other desired seasonings.
- Place the patties on the grill or skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer your burger to be cooked more.
- During the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheese to the top of each patty to melt.
- Toast the buns on the grill or skillet.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on the bottom half of each bun, followed by lettuce, tomato, onion, and any additional toppings.
- Spread condiments of your choice, such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise, on the top half of the bun.
- Serve the burgers hot and enjoy!